Play your favorite sports on your own time. From pickup basketball to badminton, table tennis, volleyball and more, we offer a wide range of options for fun and fitness.
Looking for someone to play against? Check out information on our challenge times listed below. Visit our Equipment Desk to check out equipment for all activities at no charge with your student ID!
Call Member Services (812-855-7772) to reserve a Racquetball/Wallyball, Squash, or Volleyball Court to avoid waiting.
Join in these informal friendly games at the SRSC.
Reservations are not taken during Challenge Times, and they are governed by specific rules that have been established by IU Recreational Sports. The rules have been established to ensure that all participants who show up during challenge times have an opportunity to play. Rules have been established to define “a game” and also govern the number of games a team/individual can play in a row.
Located at SRSC Courts 4 & 5
Monday: 6pm - 8pm
Wednesday: 6pm - 8pm
Saturday/Sunday: 12pm - 5pm (by request)
Located at SRSC MS1
**MS1 will be closed for repairs 7/24-8/14.
Badminton will be available on Center Court #5 during regular facility hours except Mon/Wed, 6-8pm and Sat/Sun, 12-5pm.
Please see a staff member for setup.
Monday-Thursday: 7pm - 10pm*
Friday: 7pm - 9pm
Saturday: 2pm - 8pm
Sunday: 8am - 2pm
SRSC Glass Courts 1 & 2
Monday & Thursday: 5 - 7pm
During regular hours
WIC Observation Deck
Mon-Thu: 6 - 8am, 11:30am - 1:30pm, 3:30 - 11:30pm
Friday: 6 - 8am, 11:30am - 9pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8am - 9pm
All Recreational Sports members may call ahead to Member Service (812-855-7772) to reserve a court for the following:
- Available at both the SRSC and WIC and are free of charge to members. They may be reserved up to 24 hours in advance for one hour per person.
- The SRSC offers two glass competition and five regular racquetball courts, and two official two squash courts; the WIC offers 10 racquetball/squash courts, two of which can be converted into squash courts for tell-tales.
- If you would like to reserve WIC 293 or SRSC Center Court #3 for Volleyball we advise that you call ahead ... (812)855-7772.
- At the SRSC, Court 3 is a Volleyball Priority court. This means that if a minimum of 4 volleyball players have assembled to play they have priority on this court to play volleyball. You must notify IU RS staff that you have at least 4 players for volleyball and our staff will notify anyone using Court #3 that they have 5 minutes to finish game. IU RS Staff will also set up necessary equipment.
- Women's Basketball Courts
- Women who enjoy basketball can play on courts specifically for their use at both the WIC (Court #6) and the SRSC (Court #2).
- These priority courts mean that if a minimum of 4 women have assembled to play basketball they have priority on these courts to play basketball. You must notify IU RS staff that you have at least 4 players and our staff will notify participants using court that they have 5 minutes to finish game. During Intramural Sports season, eight people are needed for full-court game, half-court policy is not in effect.
Dance Space Reservations
Call SRSC Member Services at (812-855-7772) or WIC Member Services at (812-855-5222) to reserve space for dance.
The following times are available:
|MON /TUE/THU||8 PM - 10 PM|
|FRIDAY||7 PM - 9 PM|
|SATURDAY||6 PM - 9 PM|
|SUNDAY||9 PM - 10 PM|
WIC Court 6
- Available weekdays after 4pm and all day on weekends.