SRSC PARKING OPTIONS
Recreational Sports has a total of 228 parking spots for cars or trucks and two spots for motorcycles. Ten of the current spots are handicap accessible parking spots. All vehicles parking in the SRSC lot must have a permit to park.
- Campus Recreational Sports will be monitoring the SRSC lot Monday- Thursday: 6AM - 11:30PM; FRIDAY 6AM-7:30PM.
- Any car parked in the lot between 12 a.m. and 5 a.m. will be towed at the owner’s expense. Signs are posted through-out the lot.
- 2-hours of free parking is allowed to all participants possessing an IU parking permit. The two hours will be determined according to the lot time clock not the SRSC validation machine.
- Participants who do not have permits with the university may also park in this facility for a fee.
- The SRSC lot is the only one on campus with a 2 hour grace period, and the lowest priced lot per half hour.
- Cars parked in handicap areas, the grass or in the fire lanes will be ticketed by University Parking Enforcement.
Fees will be charged to the following parking lot users:
- Lot users who do not have an Indiana University permit.
- Lot users who stay over the 2-hour time limit.
- Lot users who have not had their parking ticket validated.
Swim Lessons Participants
Swim Lesson participants will receive parking hangtags that will allow them to park in the lot on the day of their lesson for a 4-week period. The hangtag will be given to Swim Lessons participants upon registration. The Member Service staff will indicate the valid dates on the parking pass.
IU Diving Club
Participants of the Diving Clubs, possessing an IU parking permit, will receive 2 hours free parking with a validated parking ticket. Tickets are validated using the machine in the CBAC and writing, “Dive club” on the back of the ticket. Participants who do not have permits with the university may also park in this facility for the fee set below. Participants that are required to stay more than the 2-hour limit will need to have tickets signed by the coach in charge of the club.
Validation Machine Locations
Validation machines are located at three locations in the SRSC. The machines will stamp Participant, Employee or Aquatics on the ticket. The validation machines are placed at ADA appropriate heights and locations.
Tickets for Facility Users are validated at the validation machine located directly in front of the SRSC day lockers in the SRSC atrium. The validation machine is accompanied by instructions on how to validate parking and instructional pamphlets for future reference.
Tickets for Aquatic Users are validated at the machine located on the southwest side of the dive well.
The Hourly Employee Validation machine is located in the SRSC 115 workroom on the wall next to the door. Employees may validate either when they clock in or out.
Aquatic Coaches, Aquatic Varsity Athletes, Dive Club, Athletic Trainers A validation machine for coaches will be installed in the CBAC area.
Other Parking Options
Tenth Street Parking Lot The Tenth Street Parking Lot, located directly across the street from Teter Quad and just south of the SRSC, offers EM-P (A), EM-S (C), and D parking spaces. Non-24 hour EM-P (A) and EM-S (C) spaces may be used by E permit holders from 5 p.m.-7 a.m. The D spaces may be used by any vehicle from Friday at 5 p.m. through Sunday at 11 p.m.
Student Health Center Parking Lot 24 parking spaces designated for A stickered automobiles are available in the parking lot behind the Student Health Center. IU permit holders may park in non-24 hour spaces from 5 p.m.-7 a.m.
Bicycle Racks are located just east of the SRSC front entrance on the south side of the building near the loading dock, and on the north side of the building by the terrace.